Thursday, January 05, 2006

Big City Dreams

When living in NYC, everything had to be planned. Many people think that you can just walk down the street and fall into a restaurant -- that is not the case. Contrary to popular belief, you have to know precisely where you are going to dinner before walking out the door. Otherwise you will be wandering the streets of NYC for hours in search for a suitable place to have a meal.

From living in a big city, I have learned to always have a plan and to always plan in advance. Things are constantly booked or sold out. So when I saw in the paper that the indie flick "24 Hours on Craigslist" was playing in Honolulu for 3 nights only, I just knew that I had to get my tickets in advance. During my lunch break, I gathered my girls from work and went to the Honolulu Academy of Arts to buy the tickets. Once we arrived, and told the girl behind the counter that we wanted to buy the tickets for tonight's 7:30pm show, she looked at us like we had 7 heads. Apparently we are crazy human beings for coming 5 hours prior to the show to purchase tickets. Apparently there were only 40 people there on Wednesday night, in a theatre that seats 300.

Apparently you don't need to plan ahead in Hawaii. Apparently I need to leave my big city mentality where it belongs -- in a big city, that is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can leave your city mentality there as long as you stay here with us.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script