Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Must Be Crazy

While trying to buy my boyfriend his Christmas presents this past holiday season, I realized that I didn't feel like wasting $200 on clothes he wouldn't like and on cologne he wouldn't wear. So after MUCH debate in my crazy little head, I decided to cave in -- I decided to tell him that I would buy him what he really and truly wanted: the Xbox 360. I was originally adamantly against this present for one obvious reason. Why the hell would I buy him something that would take all his attention away from me?? But I figured that since everyone else on the planet was on a waitlist for this thing until March, that I could live the next few months home free. Wrong.

This is how my spoiled boyfriend scored his new toy: Our good friend Ismael downloaded this high-tech program that allows him to view the inventory for our local Best Buy as it comes in off the truck. At roughly noon today, Ish received a pop-up from the program telling him that the Xbox 360 had just arrived to the Best Buy in Hawaii. Within seconds, Ish made a beeline to Best Buy and headed for the Gaming counter. When he approached the counter, he asked, "Do you guys have the Xbox 360?" The employee, at that VERY moment, was opening the box that contained 3 Xbox's. Ish immediately said he would take 2 of the 3. The best part of the whole story: the guy behind Ish declared, "I'll take the other one" and he wasn't even there to buy the damn thing!!

As I type this, my boyfriend is in the other room fondling his Xbox as I sit here alone. What have I gotten myself into?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone over the age of 13 who "must" own this thing is a knucklehead. That's all I'll say on the subject.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script