Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Thin Blood

Even though I live in Hawaii now, we all know that I am really just a Jersey girl at heart -- love my 4" heels, my acrylic nails and I still have my infamous Jersey accent. So being an east coast girl and all, and growing up there my whole life, you would think that I would be able to handle the cold right?

Well since moving to this place called paradise, my blood has seriously thinned out. Currently, the temperatures at night in Hawaii are dropping to a freezing 60 degrees and the days are barely reaching the high 70's. I don't know what has happened to me over the past 2 and a half years, but this weather feels absolutely frigid to me. I know, laugh all you want, roll your eyes all you want, but I am serious -- it is fucking cold!!

To deal with this cold weather, I have been wearing long sleeves to work everyday, and have even broken out some sweaters from my NYC days. And at night, it's even worse. Sweatpants, socks, tank top and a sweatshirt. Of course I wake up sweating in the middle of the night, but we won't go there.

So yes, this is winter time in Hawaii. My friends and family probably want to kill me for complaining about 60 degree weather since they were all in a foot of snow last week. I guess I shouldn't tell them that I was still able to make it to the beach on Saturday?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Yes, of course I have the Burberry here with me! But I look like an asshole wearing a kneelength raincoat in Hawaii!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to keep coming for years to come. This is a good thing you have going on here.

Talk To You Soon.
Marty, best cellulite cream

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script