Saturday, February 18, 2006

Free Facial

Anyone who knows me knows that I love getting pampered. But really, come on, who doesn't? Even though I love getting mani's, pedi's, massages and facials, sometimes it just isn't always in the budget. My girlfriends and I wanted to be pampered this weekend -- we deserve it after all -- but due to some budget restrictions, we made facial appointments at the local beauty school.

We got there bright and early this morning, 9am is just way too early for a Saturday, but a spa appointment can drag the laziest woman out of bed. The 4 of us arrive to the appointment only to receive bad news -- only 3 technicians showed up for school this morning.

Once hearing this news, we were all bummed, but I convinced my 3 friends to go ahead while I wait to see if another technician arrives. I wanted to make sure they all got the treatment, after all, I pamper myself regularly and could always go back another time. But it was more than that. Kelsey has never gotten a facial and we have been talking about taking her to get one for months. Rachel is moving back to the mainland on Friday and this was one of the things she wanted to do before she left. Brandie works 2 jobs and has been working 16 hour days, so I felt that she definitely needed some pampering.

The woman at the counter told me that she doubted another technician was coming in, so she asked if I wanted to wait an hour and get the facial after my friends were done. I said no, I was just going to sit outside and have coffee and wait for my friends. About 45 minutes later, one of the technicians finally showed up, so I decided to get one after all.

The facial was awesome and I was so happy I stuck around. The best part of it all: since I waited around so long, they gave me the facial for free! Ain't nothing like a free pampering session....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No waxing?

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script