Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hand-me-Downs

A "hand-me-down" is normally associated with dirty, old, ripped clothing. But I am here to attest that not all hand-me-downs are a bad thing.

A few years ago, my best friend and roommate at the time, Tara, gave me an adorable floral print Betsey Johnson dress. It wasn't even hers -- it was her college roommate's dress. Anyhow, by simply being the right size, I inherited the dress. I have only worn it 2 times in the last 6 years, but it's just something I will hold on to anyhow. It still fits and it's a really pretty dress. It will be the absolute perfect dress if I ever get invited to a garden party. And, I mean, who would part with a Betsey Johnson dress if it still fits them? Not me. Hence, the dress is taking up valuable space in my closet.

Well today, my good friend at work, Heather, came over to my desk with an article of clothing in hand. She was carrying it like it was a gold brick. As she clutched the skirt to her chest she said, "I am passing this skirt on to you since you are the only person I know that will appreciate this fine piece of clothing made in Italy". As I reached for the skirt to have a look, I felt her hesitation in actually handing it over. When she finally let go, I understood why. The skirt is Alexander McQueen. And not only was it made in Italy but she physically bought it herself in Italy. She is stronger than I because I would have been crying. I am honored to be passed on this piece of clothing.

So, through these two pieces of clothing, I am here to attest that hand-me-downs can be a blessed, blessed event. May your hand-me-downs be as fabulous as mine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script