Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Livin' in the 18th Century

Our computers are down at work so I am bored. They probably crashed because we are living in the 18th Century here at my office. We have the slowest and oldest computers here at my company. And, to top it off, we actually use Lotus Notes. Yup, Lotus Notes. Who the fuck still uses Lotus Notes? Apparently, us and only us. Half of you probably have never even heard of Lotus Notes and you should be thanking your employer (for once).

Anywhozzle, since Lotus is down, I literally cannot do any work. Because not only is it our email, but it is the entire database in which our entire company works off of. Totally asinine , I know.

However, there are some aspects of my life in which I prefer to live in the 18th century:

  • I actually prefer VHS to DVD. I don't know why, but I just love VHS tapes. And if my VCR didn't get busted on my move to Hawaii, I would STILL be purchasing VHS tapes much to Ryan's high-tech-dismay.
  • I still buy CD's. I don't just download music to my Ipod like every other asshole who is aiding in the demise of the music industry.
  • I use a day planner that I actually write in. I don't have a Palm Pilot.
  • I don't own a laptop and have zero intention of getting one unless my job decides to cough one up.
  • I handwrite my articles and columns first before I type them up.
  • I still send greeting cards by snail mail and will forever.

OK fine, not the 18th Century, but definitely circa 1985. Now I just need to let go of the legwarmers and the AquaNet...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah the scent of Aqua-Net......how it brings me back to the good ol' drag days. I tell ya - we could be using that stuff in Iraq - that's some powerful hair product, boy.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script