Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Designer vs. Generic

Designers always claim that their clothes are more expensive because they are made better. And I have always believed them. Sure, it's nice to have designer clothes in your closet, but it's also nice to have clothes that don't fall apart after one use.

Well now that I am a working woman and approaching my late 20's (gasp!), I am really trying to build my wardrobe with nice things, with some key designer items. So, a few months ago, I went and bought myself the essential pair of black pants by Michael Kors. Everyone always says that Michael Kors makes THE best black pants for women. I agreed.

You'll notice "agreed" is in the past tense. I did AGREE (present tense) until this morning when I slipped on my "must-have" black pants and realized there was a fucking hole in the butt. Lovely. I can't help but wonder how many times I have worn them since that hole first appeared -- I actually don't want to know.

The funniest part, is that I grabbed my "back-up" pair of black pants, which happen to be from none other than Old Navy. I have had these pants for 3 YEARS and they are still in perfect condition. OK fine, they are a teensy bit faded, but they sure as hell don't have a whole in the ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script