Thursday, January 26, 2006

Oprah Changes Her Mind

According to the Associated Press, Oprah has pulled her support from A Million Little Pieces, claiming she feels "duped". She also regrets calling Larry King Live that fateful night because she feels as though she "...left the impression that the truth is not important", which as we all know, Oprah does not believe in.

I don't know how I feel about all of this. I happen to think this whole scenario has been completely blown out of proportion and that Oprah feels as though she HAS to keep making statements on it so that she won't piss off her bijillion fans.

I still have not finished the book, but I still stand firmly behind it. This book has helped a tremendous amount of people and I think that it should just be taken for what it is worth. Frey has been a big boy about it, and has admitted that he did in fact embellish parts of the novel, so why can't we just let the man be?

The best part -- Frey is laughing all the way to the bank -- all this controversy has only increased sales!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what I think of that either. I think Oprah let the public get to her. She should've stood by what she said in the first place. I don't think she was duped. The stuff he embelished on didn't mean anything. The most important was that he overcame his addiction.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie - can you please finish that friggin' book and send it in the mail. Jeesh! I wrote a book faster than it has taken you to read the damn thing. Love ya....mean it!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter dreamweaver
hit counter script